Lee Kay Public Shooting Center
Conveniently located in the Salt Lake Valley
The Lee Kay Public Shooting Center is a full-service public range owned and operated by the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources. The shooting center has seven outdoor ranges that are open year round. Lee Kay also features cowboy action scenarios, dog training grounds, shooting clinics and hunter education classes.
Notice: Our trap fields will be closed for private events on the following dates: March 31, April 6, 7, 14, 27 & 28 (trap and skeet fields limited on April 27 & 28)
Rifle range closure: The 100-, 200- and 300-yard rifle ranges are closed for construction. The shotgun, 25- and 75-yard rifle, handgun and archery ranges remain open.
A collection of photos from the Lee Kay Public Shooting Center
- 6000 West 2100 South
- Salt Lake City, Utah 84128
- Phone: 801-972-1326
- View map
Please be sure to check in one hour before the range closes.
- Monday & Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday–Friday: 10 a.m.–7 p.m. for rifle, archery and handgun (through October 19, 2018)
- Wednesday–Friday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m. for shotgun, except for Thursdays from 10 a.m.–9 p.m. (through October 19, 2018)
- Saturday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
Ranges and activities
Archery, handgun, muzzleloader, rifle, shotgun, cowboy action, hunter education
Firearms and archery tackle
- Adult day pass (16 years and older): $5.00
- Youth day pass (15 years and under):$2.00
- Trap round: $6.00 (25 birds per round)
- Skeet round: $6.00 (25 birds per round)
- Five-stand round: $7.00 (25 birds per round)
Organizations operating at this range
- Cowboy Action
- Mountain Men of the Wasatch