Instructor-led hunter education
- Total class time:
- Typically six to 12 hours
- Class meets:
- 1–2 nights a week,
3–6 weeks long
- $10.00 for a Hunter Education Registration Certificate*
- See the steps below
* Some facilities charge to rent a room or range, which increases the cost.
Course includes instruction on firearm safety, hunter responsibility, wildlife management, survival, wildlife I.D. and more.
It typically runs for 3–6 weeks with classes meeting one or two nights per week. At the end of the course, you will take a final written exam and undergo a live-fire shooting exercise. Parents are invited and encouraged to attend.
Ready to take this course?
- Purchase a Registration Certificate. Purchase a Hunter Education Registration Certificate ($10) before attending this class. You may purchase a certificate at any division office or license agent. The instructor must have this certificate to officially enroll you in the class.
- Find a course in your area
- Contact the course instructor. You must contact the instructor to get officially enrolled in the course. Contact information is listed with the course.