Information regarding falconry and falconry regulations in Utah
2019 peregrine falcon permit application drawing
In 2019, the number of peregrine falcons that may be taken for falconry purposes is limited to a maximum of 17 birds. The Division may issue 16 resident permits and one nonresident permit. The application will between 8 a.m. on Feb. 1, 2019 and 11:59 p.m. on March 20, 2019.
Falconry applications and forms
- 2018 falconry annual reporting form — (PDF)
- Resident apprentice class falconer COR application — (PDF)
- Resident general or master class falconer COR application — (PDF)
- Utah falconry raptor capture permit application — (PDF)
- Peregrine falcon application — (PDF)
- Falconry program change of address form — (PDF)
- Migratory bird acquisition and disposition report form 3-186A — (PDF)
- The 2019 falconry-take application period for peregrine falcons will take place from 8 a.m. on Feb. 1 to 11:59 p.m. on March 29, 2019.
- The 2019 peregrine falcon take season will be open from May 1 to Aug. 31, 2019.
- Visit our wildlife calendar for application dates, deadlines and season dates.