Big game animals
Information about hunting big game species in Utah
Big Game Application Guidebook
Download the 2018 guidebook to learn more about applying for a Utah big game permit.
Big Game Field Regulations
Download the 2017 guidebook to learn more about the rules & regulations for hunting big game in Utah.
- View online, interactive hunt unit maps for big game hunts. Read boundary descriptions, biologist notes, population and harvest statistics, management objectives and more.
- Search for a hunt by species, weapon or number
Hunt drawing results and drawing odds
- See our wildlife calendar for season dates and application deadlines.
Antler gathering ethics course
- From Feb. 1 to April 15, shed antler and horn gathers must possess an antler-gathering certificate. Learn more, take this online course, then print your completion certificate.
- Applications for general-season landowner permits and landowner appreciation permits is Oct. 1, 2018.
Dedicated hunter program
Bison orientation course
Management buck deer orientation course
Mountain goat orientation course
Extended archery seasons and ethics course
- Bow hunters planning to hunt the extended hunts must complete an online course covering the special considerations of hunting in these high-use areas.
Cooperative Wildlife Management Units (CWMUs)
Applying for the 2019 antlerless permit drawing
Currently available hunting permits
Report harvest information and see harvest data
Big game annual reports
Statewide big game management plans
- Mule Deer — PDF
- Unit deer management plans
- Elk — PDF
- Unit elk management plans
- Mountain goat — PDF
- Moose — PDF
- Bighorn sheep — PDF
- Pronghorn — PDF
- Bison Henry Mountains and Book Cliffs — PDF
Conservation Permit program
Utah's Trial Hunting Program
Utah Hunter Mentoring Program
Other big game information